Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ode To Coffee

During my writing career I have written many odes to important things in my life. Somehow I have missed coffee. The one thing no matter how rotten or good or busy or slow my life, is always there to pick me up. So.....

Ode to Coffee

I used to be tired,
Now I am wired.
From a wonderful bean
That is full of caffeine.

I just love the flavour.
It's something to savour.
I should come with a warning,
If I don't get it each morning.

A slave to my master,
To its dark shiny luster.
It's best taken black,
Without sugar and crap.

So long live the java,
Served hotter than lava.
My perfect day starter,
Making life a little less harder.

Visit www.minnieonline.com for all your custom speech and poetry needs. Mention you saw us on a Poem-A-Day and get a custom 4 verse children's poem for $20

No comments:

Post a Comment